2011年8月5日星期五

They have handed the bag to police

They have handed the bag to police in the hope of saving motorists the cost of new car parts.Ben’s mother Paula Dixon, 38, of Tintern Road, said: ‘My son was pleased to have found them.

‘He phoned home and asked us to come and get the bag because he was worried he might get the blame if he touched them.
‘I don’t understand why anyone would want to take them in the first place.
‘In one road I think there were about 15 of them which had been taken.
‘Since I found out I started looking around when I walk the dog and I noticed cars all over the place which were missing aerials.

‘Maybe it’s just stereotypical teenagers who did it for no real reason other than to inconvenience people.
‘It’s always the working people like us who get the trouble. My mother had hers stolen so maybe it’s in the bag.’

It is thought drivers in several streets around Harcourt Road were targeted by the thieves.

One resident of Harcourt Road, who did not want to be named, said: ‘I went out and bought a new aerial for my car after it was stolen only to find it was in this bag.

I don’t see the point of it. A few years ago I had some other car parts stolen.
That I could understand because they were valuable metals.
But what’s the point in stealing car aerials only to dump them somewhere?

I don’t think there’s any value to them.
‘Hopefully now we have got them back people who have had their aerials stolen can try and get them back.’

A spokesman for Hampshire Constabulary said two residents of Harcourt Road had contacted officers about stolen aerials on July 22 and July 25.

No other incidents have been recorded but police say other aerial thefts were probably unreported.

没有评论:

发表评论